Ever since I bought my Bigpond aircard, so I could access the ‘net with my laptop while I was on the road, I have had trouble viewing my useage on the “My Bigpond” accounts page. For the last few days I have been getting the “Technical Error” page (above), whereas, in the past, the page used to eventually load.
I have tried viewing the page using two different computers on two different internet connections and tried two different browsers on both.
I have tried contacting Bigpond by telephone but I gave up after I became so frustrated with their automated phone system that I nearly threw the phone through an LCD monitor.
I tried their online chat available on the webpage, but after sitting there looking at the screen telling me I was second in the queue and had 11 seconds to wait for about an hour I came to the conclusion that Bigpond doesn’t really give a shit about their customers. Their website seems more geared towards getting new customers, not servicing the needs of existing customers. I mean, the ads on the page load quicker than anything else I’ve seen. I can load overseas websites (constantly refreshed pages-not cached pages) quicker than I can load the Bigpond website using the Bigpond/Telstra network!
Now that Bigpond has introduced shaping for the plan I’m using I don’t have to worry about going over my monthly download limit and getting charged huge excess fees, but, to regulate my useage for the whole month to ensure I don’t end up at 64kbs down speed half way through that month I have to be able to access my useage meter on Bigpond’s site.
I resorted to sending an email complaining about the matter, using a link on their page. I’m not really expecting a reply – given the content of the email (not obscene-just prickly). Probably my email will be “water off a ducks back”, just like everything else “Bigpond” related.
On the edge, Mike.